Advertisement

All About Dogs Training and Behavior in Sanford, NC

Our Students' Views and Comments All About Dogs Training appreciates hearing from students and boarders. If you have a comment that you would like to share please contact us. What follows are comments that have been submitted. "I have been an off-and-on student of Chris's for about 5 years. In that time, Chris has steered me through a UDX and OTCh on one dog and a CD and CDX and hopefully a UD, OTCh, and UDX on my current competition dog. Chris has a little-seen ability to adjust her training methods to fit the goals of her students. Chris stuck with me when my goal of an OTCh seemed unattainable - she coached me, she helped me, she cheered for me, and finally we got there. For me, Chris made all the difference in our performance."...Ellen and her Australian Cattle Dogs "I have been working with Chris for about six years with my newfoundland and mastiffs. She encourages her students to "dream big" and not accept less from a dog because they may be a breed not traditionally associated with competition obedience. She stresses building drive and enthusiam and precision on my dogs and her coaching has paid off well with for me with several UD titles, High in Trial awards and National Specialty Wins. Chris has also worked with several "Hard to Manage" cases for Mastiff rescue and has successfully rehabilatated them into wonderful companions." ...Nicki and her Mastiffs" Chris has helped me train my Miniature Schnauzer in obedience for the past four years. She is a gifted trainer, that just seems to know what the dog is thinking. Chris stresses attitude and how important it is to have both dog and trainer feel good about what they are doing. 

She uses many different methods to get the dog and owner to understand what is expected of them, and how to work together as a team."...Karen and her Miniature Schnauzer Holly "Although I have been an obedience trainer for years, I have found Chris has helped me tremendously with details and problem solving. Her knowledge and experience with a variety of dogs helps her resolve issues quickly."....Karen and her Golden Spinner "Chris gives her students so much support - when problems arise she is available for phone calls and emails. She WANTS you to call her from shows if your having a problem even if she is somewhere showing herself. I find she gives just as much time and support to her novice people as her top OTCH students."...Wanda, Border Colies Brooklyn and Rumor, Miniature Bull Terrier Pita "William, my Corgi, was having trouble with heeling as well as with recalls. He would often leave me while we were heeling in practice sessions and would refuse to come when called. With Chris' help we were able to correct both problems in one session. Thank you Chris.".... Donnalee and her Corgi WilliamI attended my first Chris Elliott seminar in April of 2007. Having been in horses for most of my life, I had only been working dogs for a few years. My Labrador Retriever (Batman) and I had been in Open A for well over a year with only one low scoring leg to show for it, and I was becoming convinced that Bat was not cut out for Obedience competition. Chris was the first person to ask me "Why Not?" It was that simple.That question and the training that Chris has given me have totally changed our lives. Batman qualified for his last two legs with a first and a third place finish in only 3 classes after several sessions with Chris.We are now training for Utility and are having so much fun! It is such a good feeling to know that your dog is enjoying his work.Chris has the innate ability to watch a dog and handler team work and assess the "root" of the problem. She can find the best solution for those problems based on the temperment and abilities of that dog and that handler. She truly wants her students to be successful....Debbie Metts and Labrador Retrievers Batman, Birdie, and Mac
Advertisement

 

Popular Posts

Advertisement

Tags

Blog Archive